Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Choice???

I played tennis this week and I was surprised how novel it felt to get some exercise. It made me realize that I'm out of shape. What happened?? When did my winter workout routine end? (probably about the same time I started packing on a few pounds) I think it was just before my trip, then I was sick when I got home. That's just a couple of months, but boy did I feel it. It bugs me that it seems to take forever to get into shape but just moments (it seems) to lose it all. I have to work out hard and consistently before I start craving it, but a week or two off and I'm happy sitting on the couch all day. Why is that? It's not fair.

I remember discussing this with a friend a few years ago and realizing that most things that are good for you are that way. It's much easier to get out of the habit of reading my scriptures than in, way easier to eat junk than healthy food, early to bed early to rise- always hard. I'm only thinking of physical things right now, but I'm guessing it applies elsewhere. Maybe it's all part of the "test" of life. We constantly have prove we will CHOOSE good. If you're not choosing good things, then you're automatically making the opposite easier. I'm going to think about this more- probably while I'm trying not to pass out while trying to get back in shape. :) Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Jill said...

I totally agree with you! It's so hard to get back into an exercise routine. I wish we lost a pound per hour each time we worked out! Wouldn't that be great!? When I create my own worlds, that's the way it will be. :-)

Afton said...

My Aunt had some good thoughts on this, but I can't remember what they were. She is very smart. I'll have to see if she can remember, but it was probably one of those things that she just said in passing and will have no idea what I'm talking about.

It is so true with exercise and I'm going through that now. I'm starting to run every day with Ethan to help him get in shape for Basketball. He was a little surprised by the first practice last friday and wanted to give it up. I've been off exercise since it got cold and dark in October and got started again in March, but then we had daylight savings and it got dark again, plus, there was snow and since I walk early in the morning and I hate the cold, I didn't get out.

Mindy said...

Good thoughts, and I totally agree with you. And I am getting up and going to the gym right now...for reals.